You will be unstoppable if you have excellence as a core value. Shoddy work never elevates a man to eminence.
When someone entrusts you with a duty, you should make every effort to accomplish it to the best of your ability. The foundation of excellence is how you live your daily life. If you act carelessly the majority of the time, you will not always be able to act differently when it counts. Somehow, even from the way they dress, you can sense if someone has a culture of excellence. Recall the age-old rule that says you shouldn’t wear a brown belt with black shoes? Even something so simple as that gives enough of a hint! An excellent lifestyle forces one to exercise caution in everything, starting with something as simple as maintaining a clean environment and continuing with everything else. If you have excellence as a core value, you will go very far in life.
How To Make Excellence A Core Value
Here are five ways to become a person of excellence:
- Recognize your lapses: When you are cognizant of your flaws, you can gradually transition from being a simple and uninspiring person to a very knowledgeable one. You won’t frequently be associated with blunders if you are quick to acknowledge your errors. There are only a few people who can help those who don’t accept corrections. On the other hand, those who take criticism will get the respect of outstanding people. You must therefore possess the ability to accept that you didn’t perform very well in that essay or music contest. You will be far from understanding as long as you dismiss corrections. If you are unable to admit your shortcomings, you will stay in mediocrity for a very long time. No one succeeds without first having to learn. So, be open to learning.
- Keep your standards high: The standards you hold yourself to are what make you who you are. Being an ordinary person is quite simple. You can, however, make the decision to have high standards. How can you tell if someone has high standards? They put their all into everything, even the “small things.” They look for the most effective ways to carry out the duties assigned to them. They don’t offer justifications for subpar work or poor performance. Start where you are if you want to be a person of high standards. What is your business strategy? Do you aim to become a local legend or a world figure? What is your attitude to work ? Do you go to work to make money or to change the world? Do your colleagues and supervisors consider you to be exceptional? Will people ever perceive you to be exemplary? Every leader is a person of high standards.
- Know and do what is right: Understanding what is right is one thing. To carry it out is a different matter. Few people genuinely like doing what is right. Although they have the proper words to say, they hardly employ them. Despite being aware of the best practices in business, they don’t use them. They seek shortcuts to get quicker outcomes. They are aware of the political strategies that will benefit the majority but opt for self-serving and corrupt paths. Despite knowing the truth, they encourage deception. Although they claim to be respectable, they lack the values of excellence and integrity. If you fit this description, you are wrongly positioned and excellence will be far from you. It is pointless to keep looking for greatness in the same old dry locations. As a matter of fact, you must value righteousness if you want to be truly great and exceptional.
- Be a creator: When we think of excellence in the workplace, what first comes to mind is creativity. If you have excellence as a core value, your ingenuity will be on a high level. As a result, you will tend to frequently exhibit creativity. You won’t be a simpleton. Consider the scenario where you wish to develop a better automobile. Your ambition to achieve that will motivate you to learn new things and develop mentally. Your mind is therefore supplied with original ideas. Over time, the mind produces what you feed it. So, you won’t be able to produce anything worthwhile if your mind is filled with filth, carelessness, and meaningless thoughts. This is due to the fact that creativity is a matter of the soul.
- Be strategic: Is there any successful man who is not excellent. Is there any successful person who is not strategic? No. They are masters of strategy in all they do, whether music, business, ministry, or politics. You must discover a technique to complete a task if you want to do it. You must also be someone who is always looking for methods to convert your ideas. You need more than just potential or ideas. You must have a plan! Without a thoroughly thought-out strategy on how to carry it out, your idea won’t amount to anything. Nature values the superiority of tactics over the superiority of ideas. So, you will be a more excellent person the more strategic you are.