Coleen Nolan disclosed that she has been given a skin cancer diagnosis. The Nolans are a family musical trio, and the 58-year-old singer and Loose Women star has already seen three of her sisters diagnosed with cancer.
Records are available about how many of Coleen Nolan sisters are still alive. So far, she has only lost one of her sisters, Bernie, to breast cancer in 2013 at the age of 52. Linda and Ann, her other sisters, have had encounters with the disease too. While Anne is now cancer-free after having been diagnosed of the disease twice, Linda’s case has spread to her brain confining her to a wheel chair.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CANCER
Cancer is a broad term for a group of diseases characterized by the uncontrolled division and spread of abnormal cells in the body. These cells can invade and destroy normal tissues and organs, impairing their function. There are over 100 different types of cancer, including breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, and leukemia.
Cancer Symptoms And Treatment
- Unexplained weight loss
- Changes in the skin or moles
- Persistent cough
- Abnormal bleeding
- Surgery to remove tumors
- Chemotherapy to kill cancer cells
- Radiation therapy to destroy cancer cells using high-energy beams
- Immunotherapy to stimulate the immune system to fight cancer
- Targeted therapy to attack specific cancer cells.
- Avoiding tobacco products
- Limiting alcohol consumption
- Eating a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- Exercising regularly,
- Protecting the skin from excessive sun exposure
- Getting vaccinated against cancer-causing infections like human papillomavirus (HPV).